Wednesday 9 January 2013

Reading Reflection #4

So it seems as if I have forgotten to write up my old reading reflections so I'm stuck re-writing them and such. I'm sorry if it seems really scrambled. 

Book: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver 
Pages read; All. 

This book was an extremely good read. I love the character Samantha and my first question was "Why does she make such dumb decisions?" I know it seems like such a generic question but in the book she had decided on a date and place to have sex with her boyfriend as if it was something that should be planned. To me, that shows some responsibility but it doesn't seem to reflect well on her relationship with her boyfriend. She claims she's in love with him, but I don't see it at all. 

One question I had was "Why does this day keep happening over and over?". Usually when something like that happens, there's usually some strange scientific theory as to why it's happening and it's usually explained in some strange scientific theory but it's never been explained in this. It's more like every time it happens, she wakes up on the exact same day in the same manner and in the same shocked "what is happening to me?!" sort of thing. It got me really interested into writing one of those type of stories. 

I really enjoyed this book and I'd love for other people to read it so I'd be able to talk about it with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment