Wednesday 14 November 2012

Personal Addition; You Be The Anchor.


As hours move to minutes
And minutes take longer to break
I will be desperately awaiting
But my tongue won't fall apart
And we've been sitting here for hours
All alone and in the dark

So let me think of how to word it
Is it too soon to say 'perfect'?
If I could find another thirty minutes somewhere
I'm sure everything would find me
All that's left is just to sing

And I'll be here by the ocean
Just waiting for proof that there's sunsets and silhouette dreams
All my sand castles fall like the ashes of cigarettes
And every wave drags me to sea
I could stand here for hours
Just to ask God the question, "Is everyone here make-believe?"
With a tear in His voice, He said, "Son, that's the question.
Does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?"

This is an excerpt from a song I really love. It’s called “You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I’ll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds” by Mayday Parade. Long enough Title, I know.

I honestly just love the chorus so much. Although I can’t fully describe what I want to say about this song, It’s very powerful to me. The line “Is everything here make-believe?” made me think for a long time. What if everything here is make believe and we’re just merely living our lives as if we hold a significance to something that doesn’t exist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment