Tuesday 27 November 2012

Book quotes.


I have been a fan of John Green for a while now, and whenever I read one of his books I always find myself highlighting a quote that I like (Oh! The horror. scribbling in a book!). There are just some that I really really enjoyed and I hope you enjoy them too. I got these quotes off of Goodreads.com which is an excellent site! I feel that you guys should go and check it out. :) 

“I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane.” 
“What the hell is that?" I laughed.
"It's my fox hat."
"Your fox hat?"
"Yeah, Pudge. My fox hat."
"Why are you wearing your fox hat?" I asked.
"Because no one can catch the motherfucking fox.” 

― John GreenLooking for Alaska
Okay, This one is a little... Vulgar. But I enjoyed it and it made me laugh. 
“What is an "instant" death anyway? How long is an instant? Is it one second? Ten? The pain of those seconds must have been awful as her heart burst and her lungs collapsed and there was no air and no blood to her brain and only raw panic. What the hell is instant? Nothing is instant. Instant rice takes five minutes, instant pudding an hour. I doubt that an instant of blinding pain feels particularly instantaneous.” 
― John GreenLooking for Alaska
“It's not life or death, the labyrinth. Suffering. Doing wrong and having wrong things happen to you. That's the problem. Bolivar was talking about the pain, not about the living or dying. How do you get out of the labyrinth of suffering?” ― John GreenLooking for Alaska
“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.” 
“That's who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of.” ― John GreenAn Abundance of Katherines
“Well, while you were in the bathroom, I sat down at this picnic table here in Bumblefug, Kentucky, and noticed that someone had carved that GOD HATES FAG, which, aside from being a grammatical nightmare, is absolutely ridiculous. So I'm changing it to 'God Hates Baguettes.' It's tough to disagree with that. Everybody hates baguettes.”
"J'aime les baguettes" Colin said
"Well, you aime a lot of stupid crap" 
― John GreenAn Abundance of Katherines
So these were my quotes for the week! If you liked any, Please tell me which ones and why, I'd love to hear your opinions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment